If you take a moment to look at the release notes for our brand new v0.9.14 release, the first thing that you’ll see is that Zippy Courses just delivered a HUGE request that many of you have been asking for: the ability to offer quizzes and track student performance!
- Introduced the new Quizzes feature!
- Added encoding check for Pricing Option buy links, allowing spaces to be used in PO URLs
- Updated Free course functionality to work more seamlessly with Infusionsoft
- Added more robust timezone support for scheduling.
- Updated theme customizer to support adjustment of the Post Entry Header Color attribute.
- Added support for the Norwegian Kroner in currency settings.
- Revised inclusion of metaboxes in admin, resulting in a faster admin editing experience.
- Miscellaneous bugs and performance updates
The new quizzes are multiple choice only, allowing you to quickly create a quiz, and assign it to a Lesson. Using the new Quiz options for a Lesson in the Course edit screen, you can choose which quiz people will see at the end of a lesson, and even require that they complete it before moving on to the next course.
In the admin, there’s a slight revamp of the analytics, allowing you to see not only analytics for your courses, but performance on quizzes – down to the answers given for each question, and how often each answer is given. Now you’ll know if you’re lobbing people a softball or a pitching a doozy.
We’ve also released a minor theme patch, moving us to v0.9.9 on the Theme.
The updates should appear in your Dashboard today, but if not, you can head over to https://zippycoursesplugin.com/account/ to download the files and update manually. If you have any questions, run into any issues, or discover a bug, please reach out to email@example.com.